Ins and Outs on the Ups and Downs that include some Notes on the Cut, Thrust and Parry that is part of the Great Game--Sexual Politics. And encompassing too Single Men and Women and the Pleasures of Youth.

Sunday

How to pick up an older man in a famous Paris hotel Bar

She sees him glance down at his slim, flat case. Thinking, should he or should he not?
God, how much prompting does he need? Looking down, like some country boy…at a country fair. She says, ‘What would you have done? Say I’d been one of your daughters’ friends...And you ran across me in Paris...And I was drinking cocktails alone, looking out of everything. Lonely little damsel...’
Gaaawd, must she start flashing green lights, all over, like some road sign…Lonely little damsel, in distress. Gaaawd’s Sake!
‘I’d say, Listen, aren’t you...? You’d say, Yes I am, and then I’d say, Why don’t you have dinner with me? Anyway, coffee. Madge, or maybe Jenny, will never forgive us...’
Congratulations! ‘So why don’t we play act?’ Like Madge or Jenny will never forgive them, right?
Say she doesn’t fuck their father.