Ins and Outs on the Ups and Downs that include some Notes on the Cut, Thrust and Parry that is part of the Great Game--Sexual Politics. And encompassing too Single Men and Women and the Pleasures of Youth.

Saturday

She has her reasons for fucking

‘You know what Ross? A reason I’m fucking you is you remind me of my father.’
‘Christ...’ But this doesn’t stop Ross, Christ.
‘You remind me of my father. A lot.’
‘Jesus...Yes, you are a passionate spirit, a free lover of men, and the salt of this earth too...But I think you’ll come to a bad end.’
Yes, he means it. It is probably true.
She shifts herself, trying to hold him, asks, ‘Oh, well...don’t we all? You ever been on speed, Ross?’
‘Speed, huh?’
‘Uh huh, speed. See, I belong to the Fast Generation and we were raised on speed…Speed gets you back real fast. Great for fucking.’
‘Is that right?’